Saturday 21 September 2013

Guest Post: Tayrina's Journey, Finding Strength

For the next week I'm going to be super busy moving and settling into my new place so I've asked a few lovely ladies to come over and keep you company! Thanks so much Tayrina for guest posting! I love this post because it shows her amazing strength. Although I am not personally religious, I admire the strength her faith has given her in such a time of crisis...  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beginning of our journey…



In life, there are situations that happen and they are out of our hands.  This happens very often. There are changes in life we can assimilate and others that are more difficult.  When my husband and I got married a few months later, came into our lives a time of difficulty.  After several months of married, I got pregnant. But after several weeks, I had a spontaneous abortion or a miscarriage.  It was a time of pain and sorrow. In a way we could not understand, conceive, and much less assimilate so easily.  It was a loss.  At that time, there was nothing that could make us feel differently.  Apart from that situation, also we had one big economic pressure. We didn't know what to do. It was a difficult time.  But within all this difficulty, there was nothing that could give us the comfort we need, except the Lord.  In all that darkness, in that precise moment I got to think, to meditate and above all things to rest in the Lord.  It was a crisis, and so we were there for a while.

There were times when we could really look at ourselves and see how we were to each other in the middle of the crisis.  While it was a big crisis, it also became a time of learning, time for knowledge of each other.  It was a time in which we could see what we had, what we had lost and what we really needed in our lives.

This is our way, our journey ... This was the beginning of something extraordinary.  Of course in that moment of pain I could not see that.  Knowing that our trust was in the Lord, for more hard the road it was. Knowing we were going to deal with it and would learn to depend on God.  

Just in that moment, the Word of God it was so sweet to me… 

 [Psalm 121 ] I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 NIV.  

I could think right now about that moment, I look back and see how hard we have been fighting.  How we've been taking care of each other.  I have to say we could not survive this moment of pain without the Lord.  He is our strength, Psalm 46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

If you are going through a difficult time, the only thing I could say to you is that there is nothing could give you peace than the Lord.  Resting in Him is the only thing for sure you can do.  The better thing is going through the process, live every minute of it and learn from the moment.



Now, time has passed and we are learning from each other every day.  Enjoying good times and hard times.  Waiting for the moment when we could bless someone, with this story of life… with our journey in life.  I hope that these few words could let you know that there is Hope, there is time for more love, tears, sometimes pain, but there is a lot to learn and grow in the Lord.

Photos and words provided by: Tayrina González (Blessings Craft Studio)
Bible Verses from: Bible Gateway (http://www.biblegateway.com/) / New International Version






------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for posting Tayrina! I really admire your strength and courage in the face of crisis!

 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png

No comments:

Post a Comment