Thursday 19 September 2013

Guest Post: Dee's Three Awesome Experiences

For the next week I'm going to be super busy moving and settling into my new place so I've asked a few lovely ladies to come over and keep you company! Thanks so much to my new friend Dee for guest posting! We're both ENPF's and clicked immediately, totally awesome! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers of Seductive Mania! My name is Dee, and I blog over at Deecoded. Becky and I "met" when we were assigned to be partners for the Cara Box exchange program, and I was totes excited when I found out that we have the same ENFP personality type, which means we're both charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum. What, that was how we were described on an official looking website, so you have to believe that it's true, right? Right??

One other fact about ENFPs is that we're very energetic, passionate individuals who have a zest for life. That's how lots of my friends describe me anyway, so that means I'm always game to try new things. Here are three awesome new things I've tried.


(1) White water rafting



This is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done in my life. We did this in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. We traveled for 12 kilometers through 14 major rapids, paddling our canoe as instructed by our in-canoe guide. Our guide Gary, I later found out, was a member of the Philippine olympic rowing team. He gave names for every rapid, and my favorite was the one he called the ‘washing machine’ because we could cross it while turning the raft around circles, just like a washing machine! So cute! I also loved the one with the big rock where he made us all transfer to the back seats and paddle towards the big rock to get our canoe’s front to tip upwards against it, while we leaned back, and it felt like we were in a flyfish.

(2) Became an extra in two films



Now my job is in finance, so being part of a movie is way out of my line. But one time when I was in between jobs, I attended a writing seminar conducted by a writer-director in Singapore. It turned out she had an upcoming movie and later asked if I could play the part of an extra, as a teacher. I excitedly said yes. I ended up going back three more times and another director of an indie short film also asked me to be an extra at his film, and let me tell you, those moments turned out to be some of the most memorable experiences in my life! I learned a lot about how movies are being made, things like continuity, and did you know it takes a bazillion takes of a single scene before they wrap it up? I have renewed respect for actors and directors alike.

(3) Color Run, the happiest 5K on the planet



I'm the least athletic person in the world (okay, so maybe that's a teensy bit exaggerated), but when I found out that the Color Run, the happiest 5K on the planet, was being held in Singapore, I just had to sign up! It was really fun, we ran (or more like walked) through Sentosa and got doused by different colored powder at each kilometer, ending up looking like a unicorn had upchucked on us in the end. And guess who rode the train home looking that way?

And those are just some of the really weird fun stuff I get myself to. You can read more on my corner of the internet, so please do come over! I adore visitors! :)




Let's connect!
 | Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook |


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for posting, Dee! I've always wanted to do a colour run, and love your accomplishments, everyone should be so proud of all the cool stuff they do!
 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png

No comments:

Post a Comment