Wednesday 18 September 2013

Guest Post: Getting to Know Brisbane ( And Rowdy Fairy!)

For the next week I'm going to be super busy moving and settling into my new place so I've asked a few lovely ladies to come over and keep you company! Thanks so much Tania for guest posting! Brisbane is near and dear to my heart, it was the first city in Australia I ever saw, and Tania is lucky enough to live there! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone! My name is Tania and I have come to invade Becky’s blog for the day! Usually you can find me over at the Rowdy Fairy Blog, however today the lovely Becky has asked me to guest post and I am so thrilled to help her out!


Where is home for you? For me, home is the city of Brisbane, the city I live and grew up in, and I would love to share a piece of my home with you.
When people think of Australia, their minds often turn to Sydney, Melbourne, the Outback or the Great Barrier Reef, however not many people know of Brisbane.
Brisbane is a fully fledged capital city with a population of 2.2 million people. The city centre is full of sky scrapers that tower over the beautiful Brisbane River which runs right through the centre of the city. 



Brisbane has also often been called the most typically Australian City in the country because of the warm weather and the close proximity to some of the country’s best beaches and outback areas. 

Brisbane Highlights:

Mt Cootha Lookout 

Mt Cootha and the area around it is a great spot for tourists! Head up the mountain to the lookout and you will find the best view of the city. It is one of the best city views you will find in the country. Around the mountain you will also find a nature reserve full of great bush tracks as well as the botanic gardens and planetarium. 


Here are a few pictures from the last time I visited the lookout from my ‘On The Weekend’ Post. 



Southbank

Southbank is another great spot for people to visit, and as the name suggests, it is on the South bank of the river opposite the city centre. Southbank is full of gardens, cafes, restaurants, shops, markets and a bunch of other fun recreational stuff, however the one massive highlight to this place would have to be the man made beach overlooking the river and city sky scrapers.


Yes you heard me right, a beach right in the middle of the city with lifesavers and all! Check out the pictures below and you must admit it looks pretty damn cool huh.


Riverfire

Riverfire is a yearly celebration in Brisbane to mark the end of Brisbane festival which lasts for a month every September. To celebrate Riverfire, which pays homage to the Brisbane River, a huge display of fireworks is set off right in the middle of the city on top of buildings, along the river and on the story Bridge. 



Some lasers and spot lights are also thrown in for good measure. This fireworks display is also much bigger than the new years fireworks. It certainly is a sight to see!



So if you are planning to visit Australia or if you are from Australia and want a new place to visit, why not pop over into my neck of the woods, Brisbane. It is pretty great here and I know you will love it just as much as I do! :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for posting Tania! I'm super excited to go back to Brisbane now!

 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png




                                        Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment