Thursday 5 September 2013

Blogtember 3/20: Just Do It!

All of September I'm participating in "Blogtember" with Jenni from Story of My Life. The goal is to get back to blogging not to have "the coolest posts" but to share your story with the world. There will be a different prompt every day of the week - weekends are off! Today's prompt is:

Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.




On my 21st birthday I asked the "grown ups" at the table if they had any advice for me, words of wisdom to pass on to a younger generation. The biggest piece of advice I received was to just do it. As cliche and oh so sports related that is, it has probably been my biggest inspiration throughout my life.


I have some sort of social anxiety. I don't get anxiety attacks, and I'm mostly outgoing in social situations. It's the getting there that's the issue. Some of the best nights of my life I have contemplated calling and bailing. I'm scared of the unknown, it scares me to put myself into uncomfortable situations. (Then why did you move across the world, Bec... duh doii)


(via)


I have the weird kind of stay at home anxiety. Which is why I just have to do it. I just have to buy a ticket to Australia and go. I have to make snap decisions, instead of thinking. I have to jump out of the plane, instead of watching from the ground. I know that to make my life the life I want to live, I need to just do it

Just do whatever your heart desires. Do it now, do it soon. Plan it, organize it, but above all else make sure you do it, before it's too late!!

 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png


                                     

  Facebook  Twitter  Bloglovin  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment