Saturday 10 August 2013

Welcome To Byron Bay!

In my last post (about seeing the World's Largest Prawn in Ballina) I may have forgot to mention that I was on my way to Byron Bay for Splendour in the Grass! We turned a 30 minute highway drive into a 4 hour adventure. It was so much fun, even though it was super rainy and the views weren't as great as they would have been. Australia is spectacular all the same!


^^Post 4 hours trapped in a car with only static on the radio rainy day lookout picture^^

^^ Same spot only post 4 days "trapped" in the most awesome music filled madness weekend of my life^^

^^This is The Cape Byron Lighthouse, probably the most super famous landmark on the east coast (sorry World's Largest Prawn)^^


After driving around in Byron Bay and checking out the lighthouse and such, we stopped for a quick bite to eat before heading off to Splendour in the Grass. I'm not too sure how the rest of the food tastes in Byron Bay but I had "Byron Bay's Biggest Burger" which was pretty huge (last photo above) except for the burger patty. Awkward. The hippy's dream smoothie was the bomb though. Trent got a chicken burger and a flu fighter tea thing, heaps of ginger and cayenne, not my cup of tea... he he he. Corny tea jokes aside, it was a half decent meal but it all came to $40 which was a little pricey. From what I've seen of Byon Bay (not much!) it's beautiful and I can't wait to go back! 

Next stop... Splendour in the Grass!!!

 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png




                                        Facebook  Twitter  Bloglovin  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment