Thursday 15 August 2013

Thursday Treat: Hot Apple Pie 1/40


pie no. 1: Good ol' apple pie
occasion: Well I made apple pie for a dinner party and accidentally put cayenne instead of cinnamon. Yuck. So this is actually pie no. 2. Make up pie. 
crust: Basic Shortcrust (btw, pie dough is my jam. Like I can do this shit, but in Australia pie dough is different and I have to measure and think about things... what? Everything really is upside down)
filling: Apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and honey, yum!
thoughts: Apple pie reminds me of my dad, he absolutely adores it. I've heard this thing and that thing about having to use the "right" apples for baking but I don't listen to that nonsense. FYI I used pink ladies and this pie rocked. I think I may have left the apples a bit too big, but I'd say cut half of the apples in snack size and the other half small and thin. That would make a good balance of soft and still kinda crunchy. I don't like my apple pie to taste like baby food, yah know? And yes, don't worry, I put a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yum!

 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png





                                        Facebook  Twitter  Bloglovin  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment