Friday 16 August 2013

Best Birthday Present: Skydiving!

*Warning, this is a very picture heavy post. I have a video but I couldn't get it to work and I really wanted to give you the full experience!*

For my 21st birthday I not only got to go to Splendour in the Grass, I also was lucky enough to go skydiving that morning!! So super exciting! This was Trent's 5th jump, and my first. I was so beyond nervous butso amazingly excited!



^^About to get on the plane! Look how small it is! I was trying to hard not to think about the fact that I was about to fall from 14,000 feet. Ahhh!^^


^^ Look at that view, so amazing! The skydiving place we went to was called "Skydive Byron Bay on the Beach." We skydived out of Ballina and landed on a field. BUT, that right there is Byron Bay(ish) and I suppose there's a beach...^^


^^ This was the scariest freaking moment ever. My legs were whipping through the air and I was trying to remember the instructions (just act like a banana) and realizing that oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-die-oh-my-god"


^^And then I was falling...^^

^^ I'm not sure if these are in order but this was the free fall. 60 seconds of pure amazing adrenaline amazingness. I don't even know how to describe how incredible this felt. I was so astounded by the world around me and the fact that I was falling so fast but I knew I was safe and experiencing something amazing. It made me realize, in those 60 seconds just how precious life is, and how we need to stop wasting it.^^

^^And then we (and by we I of course mean my awesome skydiving instructor) pulled the chute. Wow, what a different feeling. There was a little pull in my stomach and then all of a sudden I was floating. It's like I was perched on a cloud, observing the world below me. I felt... powerful. Like I was in on a secret no one else was privy to. I'm not sure if that makes any sense but all I'm saying is just go skydiving and you'll see what I mean.^^

^^ Landing was so weird, he told my to put my legs up and pull them towards my chest. Awkward my core isn't very strong (like at all) and so I was barely able to do it. Yikes. Whateva, we landed in the soccer field, which was so so weird there were kids playing on it (!!) and my legs were jelly, my arms were sore, my face hurt from smiling, my eyes had a ring around them from the goggles and my ears were popped for hours. Just saying, it was FUCKING AWESOME.^^

^^ This is me, enjoying my celebratory birthday/skydiving/generally being a badass bitch beer!^^

Seriously though, go freaking skydiving. If you've been thinking about it, do it. If you haven't, do it. If you've done it, do it again. Just do it. I'm going to try and solo skydive, I'm going to have to do 10 more jumps and a whole lot of training but it's on my need to do to make my life awesome list! It's also on my 21 before 22 list, sweeet!


 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png





                                        Facebook  Twitter  Bloglovin  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment