Thursday 2 May 2013

You Are What You Eat! My Life in 250 Words!




I used to play in the playground by my house and every day I would set up “shop” beneath the slide. I would sell mudpies and cakes to the neighbourhood kids for sand dollars. I moved from Ontario to Massachusetts when I was 8 and some of my most vivid memories of those six years involve food. The tasty clam chowder from Cape Cod, or the Jelly Bellys from Quincy Market. When we moved back to Ontario, I was all alone and the most comforting thing to me was to bake. When it came time to apply to universities, I was stuck. What do I want to do forever? It all came back to what I loved – cooking, baking, playing with my food. I enrolled in Niagara College for Culinary Management and spent an amazing two years meeting some amazing people. Travelling to Lake Louise was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It made me a better chef, and a better person. I woke up every morning looking at the Canadian Rockies. Now I’m almost 21 and I’m living out my dream of travelling the world, living in Australia. I’m 15,000 km away from home and it’s terrifying. I’m cooking, eating lots of seafood, and seeing a whole different world. I wake up every morning and can hear the ocean, and drive by the beach on my way to work. I’m in love with a whole new place and I can’t wait to start a brand new adventure!


Ch-ch-ch-check it! 250 words EXACTLY. Linking up with Story of My Life and her 250 word challenge!

Can you describe your life in 250 words or less?




 photo bottom_zps3f6b182c.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Hey Becky, I found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May linkup post!! I'm a bit of a nomad, too, so it's fun to find someone else like that!

    Lake Louise is awesome -- so beautiful! And I want to go to Australia some day! That sounds amazing!

    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I'm so happy someone took the time to read what I wrote! I love being a nomad, travelling is my favourite thing to do, I can't wait to see the world!

      Lake Louise is so gorgeous, I was lucky enough to spend almost an entire year living in the mountains and I can't wait to go back!

      Australia so far is also amazing, very much like Canada and the US though, just more beaches!

      xo!

      Delete
    2. It was my pleasure! And ahhh, Australia sounds splendid! :) Can't wait to read more about your life/travels, too! :)

      Delete