Tuesday 16 April 2013

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Test



When I was in high school I took a class that covered sociology, anthropology, and psychology. It was probably one of my favourite classes in all of high school, I even considered going to school for criminal psychology for a while. That was my chosen career path if I hadn't have become a chef!

That class was the first time I heard of the Myers-Briggs Type Theory Indicator Test. The easiest way to describe this test is that it measures the psychological differences between decision making and perception in different people. Everyone experiences moments in life differently, and this test asks a series of questions (i.e. rational vs logical) with four possible answers for each, selecting the position where you feel you best fit between the words. (If you would like to learn more about the Myer-Briggs Type Theory Indicator Test click here!)

After you have completed the questions, there are 16 possible combinations of extroverted, introverted, intuitive, sensing, feeling, thinking, perceiving, and judging. Here are my results:



ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.
Free Jung Word Choice Test (similar to MBTI)


Once you find out your type, you can click through to a list of personality traits and potential jobs. Here are a few that jumped out at me and how I felt they fit!

Outgoing: I'm always the first one to say hi in social settings, my friend even make fun of me for it. My trademark line is "Hi, I'm Becky!"
Easily talked into doing silly things: I'm pretty much always game for anything. Some of my fondest memories are someone talking about something crazy and me saying let's do it!!
Wild and crazy: You should see me party! 
Physically affectionate: I'm such a hugger, and a cuddler. I love physical affection!
Likely to have or want a tattoo: Four going on five!
Prone to losing things: And breaking things... There's a curse on me I swear!
Seductive: Seductive Mania after all! (nudge nudge, wink wink)
Easily distracted: You seriously have no idea how many times I start a project and then get distracted and walk away and do something else and completely forget what I was doing. Ooops.

I thought the test was pretty accurate, and it's kinda cool to know I'm in 8.1% of the total population (in terms of my "type").

Try taking the test here! What personality type do you think you'll be? What type are you!?



 photo bottom_zps3f6b182c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment