Monday 16 September 2013

The #SwiftlyPainted Self Portrait Challege

The Simply Swift Blog
I have such a hard time taking photos of myself. Actually, I have a hard time when other people try and take my photo too. I'm so not photogenic. Even my lovely boyfriend likes to tell me that it takes more than a couple shots to get a good one. I don't know what it is, I have to smile in the mirror to freeze that face and then turn to the camera to get a good shot. Weird. Whatever. 

When Jessica from The Iris Blog and Annmarie from Simply Swift contacted me about their #SwiftlyPainted Self Portrait challenge I was so excited! A reason to post a selfie once a month? Deal! 

Basically the idea of the challenge is each month there is a writing/photo prompt. I love them all, but my favourites are:

November: Writing prompt: Describe a person place or thing that you depend on emotionally. Create an image of you with a mask / disguise.
March: Writing prompt: March (haha!) to the beat of your own drum. Create an image showing us your bold and true self. Don’t hold back.
June: Writing prompt: Air it all out to dry. What’s something your struggling with? Create an image striking a pose and give us your best pin-up look. (See what we did there… pin up your laundry to dry)
You can see all of the prompts here or here! These girls have obviously put a whole heap of effort into this, and it seems like so much fun so why not follow along! Go comment on one of their posts to get involved! I can't wait to get started, and I can't wait to see your entries too! 
Let me know if you're going to participate, I'm sure everyone is going to have an extremely unique take on every one of these prompts!!
 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png



                                     

   Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment