Monday 23 September 2013

Guest Post: What The Reality Of Life Taught West Vee

For the next week I'm going to be super busy moving and settling into my new place so I've asked a few lovely ladies to come over and keep you company! Thanks so much West for guest posting! It's interesting thinking about what life was like growing up, and this is what her incredible life has taught her! I can't even imagine being burdened with so much responsibility at such a young age!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Once upon a time, we were born as babies with no thoughts about what the world offers, but unfortunately we can’t stay on that state. We were made to grow up, to face the world and deal with it.  It really is a mere fact that life doesn’t always give us all the comfort. I also believe that even though it’s not always comfortable, still, it is not unfair. Some asks what makes it unfair? I know that they know the answer but they don’t want to acknowledge it.

That Kid

Seeing my childhood photographs gives me mixed sentiments.  It’s like an album of evidences that I was raised with care and love.  Seeing myself flashing candid smiles to the world that I barely know. Yes, as a child, everything seems easy. 



That Teen in the Making

Being a kid, I know I’m allowed to cling to dependence but in my early teenage years things started to change. I realized that I’m standing between two doors- dependence at my back and independence in front of me. Banging and entering those two doors back and forth became a part of my life. Yes, I was guided by concerned people around me but because of curiosity, what they said I should not do, I do and what they said I should do, I do not. That explains the crossing between the two doors.
 I never had vices like smoking, drinking or the likes, but I knew that during this stage, I learned how to lie hardcore, bully my sibs, not accept my mistakes, and blaming others for the faults I did. The Brat Stage, I should say. To sum it up, a vivid picture of immaturity.   

Seventeen: Reality Slaps
If my memory serves me right, this was my age when I really felt the momentum of reality. Childish games are over. This time, it’s about me withdrawing from the grasp of dependence. It’s time for me to face the world, to face certain situations of life by myself. 

The turning point was this:
I grew up with a dad working abroad and a mom always at home. But things changed when my mom decided to also work out of the country because we had experienced financial problems. Dad won’t allow mom at first but my mom really insisted. It’s true that they can earn more if they both work so they could settle our financial issues and because I’m also going to college. That is why mom really insisted. Therefore, I have my two younger siblings left with me and a whole lot of responsibility. It’s time for me to face the world without my parents physically.  
Being seventeen: Life is not a mere game, you don’t mess with it.    



Miss Independent
I’m West, a daughter, a sister, ‘acting parents’ of my siblings, a friend, a student, an organization leader, and a Filipino citizen. Yes, at a young age I was able to see that life isn’t always about just myself, it is not about my sake but it’s about how I put myself in situations where others are involved. 

I DON’T CARE! I’LL DO WHAT I WANT! THIS IS MY LIFE! 

Nah! I can’t say that, and I don’t want to. My life does not just involve me but it involves “others”. I now know that what I’ve learned about the reality of life is not enough but what I knew is enough to remind me that life should be given importance. Living wild and free, they said it’s fun but risky. Unfortunately, you can’t blame curiosity all the time. 

There are some things that I wanted to try but if I do it, I know that my responsibilities will be affected. I cannot exchange important responsibilities for a unimportant-short time fun and excitement. 

Carrying many labels and responsibilities may be really exhausting but I know that it’s for my own good. I know that these responsibilities and identities will help me grow as a person. 

I’ll soon be turning 20 and …

  • I’m thankful that I am having a good college education in a good University.
  • I’m thankful that I’m a daughter, sister, and an “acting-parent” at the same time making me responsible to my family. Monitoring my sibs and also teaching them manners and conducts, doing house chores, paying the bills, making budgets and the likes.
  • I’m thankful that I am being honed /trained how to deal with situations in different aspects of transactions. Like, applying for investment/ insurance, having conversations with real estate agents. Lol! That what adults do! Haha.
  • I’m thankful that I learned to become more careful in making decisions.
  • I’m thankful that I grew to be more selfless and being considerate with others.
  • I’m thankful that I have been with great friends that add up color to my life.
  • I’m thankful that my parents put their full trust in me. I’m thankful that  my parents put their full trust in me… financially.
  • I’m thankful that I was born as a Filipino; a race who can still smile even though problems comes along the way. 
  • I’m thankful that I’ve prefer not to enter a bf-gf relationship. Just admiring someone is also good.  I’m considering point #11.
  • I’m thankful that I learned about the seasons of life (learn-earn-earn-earn-earn-earn-marry)
  • I’m thankful that reality taught me to be serious in my study, the market place is a competitive dimension, and I must be equipped. Plus, I don’t want to disappoint my parents. I know that graduating college and having a decent job is one of the best gifts that I can give them.
  • I’m thankful that I have hardworking and loving parents.
  • I’m thankful that at a young age, my siblings fully understand why our parents need to work and be temporarily away from us.
  • I’m thankful that my siblings have respect in me and my decisions.  
  • I’m thankful for the people who also motivate me to run this kind of race.
  • I’m thankful that my mindset helps me convert any kind of problems into “this will help you grow as a person, conquer it” kind of thought.
  • I’m thankful that at a young age, reality slapped me and awakened my thoughts.
  • I’m thankful that I can juggle all these things.
  • I’m thankful that God gave me this kind of life.

LIFE IS NOT MEANT TO BE PERFECT.
BUT PERFECTION IS FELT IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICES/DECISIONS IN LIFE 
YOU ARE BIGGER THAN YOUR PROBLEMS AND FEARS. CONQUER IT.

Responsibilities are meant to be heavy, so gather up all your strength and go on with your life’s journey.

There’s more ahead!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for posting West! I really admire your ability to be positive even when faced with a tough situation, I admire what you're thankful for and think that you are so strong and brave!

 photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png




                                     Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment