Friday 30 August 2013

I Baked Today.


Today I stayed in bed until 2pm. Today I took a stupid picture of myself and sent it to my boyfriend while he was working. Today I had strawberries and greek yoghurt for breakfast and made the best dinner ever. (3 different kinds of homemade gnocci - sweet potato, potato, and potato spinach - garlic cream sauce, sauteed veggies, and pan seared pork chop) I played a million games of candy crush. I made a strawberry pound cake with a crumb topping. I hung out the washing and forgot to do another load. I watched 5 episodes of Community and fed the dogs. I didn't take a picture of any of it.

I had a good day. I missed you though, sweet time stealing internet. Today I did something for the first time in a long time. I went to the kitchen and baked. I measured flour, sugar, almond meal, eggs, and greek yoghurt. I beat the eggs and the butter and gently folded in the strawberries. I added a touch of orange zest for that extra zing. I was creative and I was calm. I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. These past few months have felt draining, and it was such a good release. Knowing that adding a pinch of salt would sweeten the strawberries perfectly was therapeutic. I was in control. I pulled the cakes out of the oven, fluffy and warm with the sweet crisp topping. And I realized, I am in control. I'm in control of my life and my future. As cheesy as that sounds, it was good to think that I can do exactly what I want to do, as long as I set my mind to it! 

Talk to you tomorrow. :)  photo Untitled-4_zps00dbc191.png



                                        Facebook  Twitter  Bloglovin  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment